Glazes, Glazes and more Glazes….

Yo Peoples. It’s been a while since I posted anything. Hope you are all well.

I have gone through the “old site” glaze pages and organized glaze and clay formulas into PDFs.

These are glazes I have collected over my lifetime, but I haven’t had a lifetime to spend documenting them through the glaze mixing process and posting them. So some are great, and some are a hodge podge.

They can be found on the “Glazes” link.

This entry was posted in Kazegama. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Glazes, Glazes and more Glazes….

1. bill merrill says:

IT IS GOOD THAT YOU KEEP US UPDATED ABOUT THE WORK AND INFORMATION YOU ARE DOING !! I HAVE A GREAT WAY TO BUILD A ROOF WITH K-23 INSULATING BRICK. YOU CAN REBUILD A KILN IN A VERY SHORT TIME. THIS IS ON FLICKR SHOULD ANYONE BE INTERESTED. I HAVE USED THIS DESIGN ON A KILN AND AN STILL USING IT AFTER 600 CONE 10 FIRINGS. a BOURRY BOX WOOD FIRED KILN THE ROWS SPANNED 90 INCHES WITHOUT ANY TROUBLE. THE FOLLOWING IS MY ARTICLE THAT I WANT POTTERS TO SEE, IF NOTHING ELSE IT IS INTERESTING. BILL MERRILL bill.merrill704@gmail.com

DSC_1764A300
    • Steve Davis says:

Bill, I really enjoyed reading your life story and influences. The arch design is great and your pottery and glazes are very nice. Thank you!

• Bill,Merrill says:

Thanks Steve, It would be great for potters to see the flat roof design using K23 brick. I know you are a fiber person, but this flat roof design is super and would be great combined with fiber. The pieces coming out of your kilns are fabulous !!! I was at Shiho Kanzaki sans in Shigaraki, Japan and we used red pine to fire his kiln. He refried many of his pieces and when i was fired his kiln many of his pieces had a wood fired ash deposits that has a magnesium carbonate looking surface like a crackle surface. Your glazes and firings are superior to many wood fired kilns today. I am glad you are producing such good pots!!! As Ken Ferguson always said ” Keep making pots, the best ones are still in you !!”

Bill merrill billmerrill704@gmail.com

2. Jack Caselles says:

Good to hear from you again Steve. Be well.

3. Jim Metheny says:

Very nice.

4. Robert-Marj MacKie says:

Hi Steve

Was just thinking of you and your email popped up. Marj and I got our second vax shot last week. Been looking for a studio to rent space but no luck yet.

Will try and reach you on the phone to catch up.

All the best Bob MacKie